- 1 aubergine, cut in large chunks
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 red pepper, cut in strips
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 onion, cut in thick slices
- 100 gms of small mushrooms
- 225 gms of plum tomatoes
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ½ tsp thyme
- 4 tsp rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Arrange the aubergine chunks on a plate and sprinkle them with salt. Leave for 30 min.
- Squeeze the aubergine to remove as much liquid as possible. Rinse off the salt.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C/ 400 degrees F
- Arrange all the vegetables including the aubergine on a roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil
- Season the veggies with the herbs and mix well. Bake for 20 to 25 min.
- Turn the vegetables over and bake for another 15 min or until they are tender and browned.
- Serve hot with some garlic bread.